The Official web site of Punjab Education Foundation
Subject Based Support Program (SBSP)
In 2006 “Teaching in Clusters by Subject Specialist (TICSS)” Program was launched with the aim of promoting quality education in less affluent and marginalized sections of society by providing the services of Subject Specialists (SS) in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, and English. These Subject Specialists were allocated to 2 or 3 schools to impact learning outcomes of the students; and work on capacity building of school teachers along with School Improvement Plan. TICSS program has been revamped with new name “Subject Based Support Program (SBSP)”. Now one teacher will be allocated to one deserving school for whole academic year.
Subject Teachers help the school by:
- Teaching students of grades 6-10
- Capacity building of school teachers
- School Improvement Plan
Currently we have a team of 63 subject teachers in 24 districts of Punjab which is not only performing duties in their allocated schools but also proving to be helpful human resource for Punjab Education Foundation in other tasks like conduction of Quality Assurance Test, School Surveys, Monitoring of schools, Training Workshops etc.
The program working is based on a tri-pronged relationship among the following agents:
- Punjab Education Foundation (SBSP)
- Subject Specialists of SBSP
- SBSP Partner Schools
Revised Eligibility Criteria To Become A SBSP Partner School
- Fee must not be more than Rs.1,000/- per month
- Student’s strength in middle & high sections must be more than 100.
- School must be affiliated with BISE (Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education)
- The school must NOT be in partnership with PEF in any of its programs.
To assure quality in the working of the program, the following methods are adopted:
- Annual Quality Assurance Test (QAT)
- Annual Performance Evaluation by the CPDP Department as well as Monitoring & Evaluation Department.
- Field Monitoring of Subject Specialists in their allocated schools.
- Skill Enhancement for Subject Specialists
At present, SBSP is operational in the following 24 districts of the Punjab:
|3||Rahim Yar Khan||4||Jhelum|
|13||Dera Ghazi Khan||14||Hafizabad|
|17||Mandi Bahaddin||18||Nankana Sahib|
|23||Toba Tek Singh||24||Vehari|
Academic Year 2011-2012: Highlights
- 83 Subject Specialists, 166 partner schools, Approx 12,000 students
- 5th TICSS QAT was conducted in Feb 2012 and result has been announced as 95 %.
- The program was restructured; included middle class students as beneficiaries, enhanced focus on School Improvement and Capacity Building of School Teachers.
- 4 Subject Specialists of English attended training workshop on TKT conducted by British Council.
- For the first time the tri-partite MOU was signed among PEF, Partner school and the subject specialist in July 2011.